OK, granted... the SAAS model, with a capable vendor and good infrastructure backing can actually provision and set up a new instance of their software in a few minutes - seconds even....
But, to say that "We were up and running in 15 minutes!"?
My question is, "What were you actually running?"
My guess is that they were looking at a logon screen on an internet browser with their company name in the URL somewhere.....and that's about it.
A fully functioning and operational helpdesk is still some time away.
In the meantime there is...
- Business rules / workflow considerations
- Team meeting to discuss service goals / service level agreements (SLA), escalations etc
- System configuration for all the codes (priority, severity, urgency, status, resolutions etc)
- Possible data import from existing systems / legacy systems
- Individual user customization for personal settings
- Staff training (for both user and administrator)
- Client training (to inform them / train them to use the new web portal)
- Report generation
- Integrations with other systems
So, getting a system provisioned in 15 minutes, or even 5 minutes is great....
Just be ready for the real helpdesk stuff once you're logged in.